5 Content Starters
Content Starter Ideas.
Many people automatically think they need articles or blog posts when they hear “content marketing”. Content can be a variety of things. Here are 5 starter ideas to get you going in your content marketing.
1. Top 10 Lists
List are very popular and easy to do. Here are some ideas:
- A number of ways to do something (“Top 10 Ways to Save Money”)
- The best reasons to do something (“Top 8 Reasons to Buy Gold”)
- The steps required to do something (“5 Important Steps to Applying Makeup”)
- The most important rules of doing something ( “6 Must-Follow Rules of SEO”)
2. How To’s
Give your reader’s step by step instructions on how to do something.
Use bullet points to show each step. “How to Write A Sales letter, Step-By-Step”
“Step by step plans for building a Bat House”
3. Seasonal content.
Tie your content into different times of the year, and to holidays.
- Articles based on the season / weather (ex. “Tips for Coping With the Winter Blues).
- Content to help people cope with stress around busy holidays (ex. “7 Tips for Dealing with Stress During the Holidays”)
- Look at a calendar and see what’s coming up. Look for lesser known and fun holidays. Blessing of the Animals Day or Cable Car Day.
4. Product reviews
Do in-depth and honest reviews of products. And they can be audio or video reviews.
- A brief, yet detailed list of features.
- Your objective opinion about the product pros and cons.
- Price comparisons.
- Add images, use different angles, highlight different features.
Find an expert in your niche and interview them. Your interview can be audio, video or written.
- Have someone interview you.
- Record the audio and have it transcribed.
- Have your expert respond to questions in writing.
- Make your interviews into a paragraph magazine-style interview.
These are just a few of the ways to get content for your blog or for a free lead generation product.